Wednesday, September 5, 2007

The Phils Make Me Want To Drink Excessively

With a win today, the Phillies would have been 4 out in the division, 2 out in the wild card, and taken the series from the Braves.

Now disregard regard everything you just read. If you were listening to the game today, you probably thought the Phillies had this one wrapped up, like me, when I got out of my car with the Phils up 8 to 2. However, you, like me, are extremely naive and have no idea about how Flash and Brett 'Lights Out' Meyers really feel about 6 run leads. As it turns out, they really don't like them. Sure there were some bloop hits, broken-bat infield singles, and shoddy fielding (see Roberson) but there were also wild pitches, hard hit doubles, and worse yet, bases-loaded walks.

For me, this has to be one of the most frustrating losses of the year. This is September and the Phils are shitting the bed. The only guy who could be called dependable in our bullpen just doesn't have the juice half the time.

I've been quoted as saying, "Sometimes I think the more I drink the better the chances the Phillies have of winning."

But now its, "the more I drink the better the chances are that I won't remember what baseball is when I wake up."

No comments: